You’ll be a part of our Social & Digital team, working with key clients across a number of FMCG / Food & Drink & B2B brands, you’ll be supporting the Senior Social Media Manager with planning and developing social strategies, supporting on influencer campaigns and managing a variety of organic social media campaigns.
This is a really key role for a smart, can-do, team player who wants to take the next step in developing their social and digital skills for a number of well-loved ethical brands.
Catch A Fire – Who we are:
We are a strategic creative agency with a focus on communication, digital, design, film and innovation. Our mission is to deliver outstanding strategic and creative work that sparks a better future.
As an ethical focused agency, we want companies that stand for something good in this world to prosper more than the ones that don’t. We feel this drives positive change. We are very particular about the companies we work with and we have a passion for their growth.
We work with some great brands both in the UK and globally.
Now entering the third year of our agency journey we are committed to continuing to build a talented and motivated team that set us all up for future success and importantly, to deliver against our agency vision.
We’re looking for a junior social media executive who is autonomous and detail orientated, someone with a passion for social media and digital marketing – we don’t mind if you don’t have much experience yet(that’s what we’re here for!); we just want to see your passion and your knowledge of social media shine through.
- Drive innovation across channels and actively explore new channel/content opportunities (e.g., TikTok, Instagram Reels, Instagram Stories, IG Live, Pinterest, Clubhouse, LinkedIn etc.)
- Develop monthly organic content plans and manage content scheduling
- Crafting copy and capturing different brands’ tone of voice – creatively communicating their story to new and existing audiences
- Help manage our client’s influencer strategy and campaigns
- Propose/suggest new ideas and concepts for content across a variety of brands’ social platforms ensuring ideas are strategic and channel relevant
- Support our client’s broader content and culture strategies and be engaged with new opportunities that drive social KPI’s. i.e., monitoring user-generated content, partnerships, influencers and collaborations.
- Report weekly, monthly and on a campaign basis – monitoring and analysing success and making recommendations for improvement
- Continuously monitor our client accounts and assist in community growth management and outreach, ensuring responses are relative to each client’s tone of voice
- Develop & maintain close relationships with key stakeholders
- Have an interest in analysis and be good with numbers
- Occasionally be required to craft and edit images and content for use across social
What we’d need from you:
- A passion for social media, we want someone who knows what’s trending and what’s coming next and can creatively apply this across our agency and client accounts
- An in-depth knowledge across all social media platforms, but in particular: Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Pinterest
- A love for creating new ideas and creative concepts
- An understanding of how to write engaging copy
- Strong spelling/grammar along with editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excitement to work in an agency that stands for something good
Nice to have:
- Someone who autonomously stays up-to-date with best practices, technologies and trends, tools and applications
- Background/experience in working in the food & drinks sector
- Previous work in social media
- Degree in marketing / a related subject
We want to change the world for the better and we believe that starts with investing in our Sparks. We like to be judged on the good we do, not just the good work we make – our team is driven by the shared mission of creating work that Sparks a Better Future.
- 30 days annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- 3 extra days to get festive with a full Christmas shutdown.
- If your birthday falls on a working day you’ll get that off to celebrate!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- An ‘Ignite’ CSR Day, allowing time away from your desk to support our chosen charity.
- A mentor to support your development and training, including a full personal development plan.
- Flexible working approach both in location and working times.
- Bakery lunch provided on a Friday and lots of fresh fruit for the weekdays too!
- Regular staff social fun!
- An Employee Assistance Programme, offering free advice and support.
- Pension Scheme.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com outlining your experience. Get creative – we can’t wait to hear from you!