You’ll need to be a dynamic Marketing Manager who is entrepreneurial with a strong appetite for growth and the ability to connect marketing and business development agendas in a credible, relevant and inspiring way between agency and new business prospects.
Operating as a hybrid role between agency marketing and business development, this role really brings to life the term ‘Manager’. You are the lynchpin across all agency campaigns, new business pitch opportunities, PR enquiries, events and awards. You plan and develop marketing and sales strategies for all agency campaigns, projects and activations, manage and advise on all things new business, and act as the agency brand guardian.
This role brings the best of both worlds by being hands on with managing the agency’s brand and marketing output, as well as taking a leading role in helping grow the business.
This is a really key role for a smart, can do, team player who wants to make an impact on the future growth of the agency.
Catch A Fire
We are a strategic creative agency with a focus on communication, digital, design, film and innovation. Our mission is to deliver outstanding strategic and creative work that sparks a better future.
As an ethical focused agency, we want companies that stand for something good in this world to prosper more than the ones that don’t. We feel this drives positive change. We are very particular about the companies we work with and we have a passion for their growth. We work with some great brands on both a UK & global basis.
Now in the fourth year of our agency journey and recently named in Campaign’s Best Places to Work 2022, we are committed to continuing to build a talented and motivated team that set us all up for future success and importantly to deliver against our agency vision.
Marketing Manager Role
- As the brand guardian for the agency, you will be responsible for shaping CAF’s future marketing strategy and growing our brand across multiple channels
- Contributing fresh and innovative ideas to grow the business and raise brand awareness
- Management of all CAF touchpoints
- Work with the agency teams to devise content, thought leadership, opinion pieces etc. for owned and earned channels and create marketing campaigns to maximise their use
- Work with internal teams across client services, social, creative and studio to create case studies, new work posts, award entries and all other marketing collateral
- Key point of contact with industry trade press and partners; developing key relationships with the media to help build CAF’s reputation
- Managing lead generation campaigns from conception to delivery. Playing a leading role in outbound new business activity by identifying and reaching out to prospects, driving client acquisition, pitching to new clients and building brand relationships
- Supporting the management of internal new business processes including; logistics, team casting and resource, internal pitch briefings, reviews and meetings, bi-weekly pipeline meetings and general pitch support
- Credentials management; including drafting, formatting and updating new and existing case studies
Key Responsibilities, Experience & Competencies
You will need to have the following experience, having worked in an agency environment for at least 3+ years:
- Proficient in managing marketing campaigns from concept to completion, including strategies, planning, activation and reporting, with the ability to analyse results and key learnings
- Developing thought leadership content ideas and campaigns that are strategic and new business focused, working closely with internal teams to develop ideas
- Developing monthly content plans to be posted across our digital touchpoints
- Ensuring flawless execution on projects you are leading and have the ability to be nimble as needed
- Strong leadership skills, assuming responsibility and ownership for the quality of your work or delivery of projects you’re leading
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills – listening, mentoring, explaining difficult concepts in simple language
- Anticipate issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the agency
- Strong creative and analytical thinking skills
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done
- Well-organised, methodical and efficient, with common sense and initiative
- Proactive and able to act with independence and integrity, managing own workload and time effectively to meet deadlines
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and require high level of quality expectation and control
- Flexibility and ability to cope with changing circumstances, diverse workload and multiple, complex projects at one time
- Strong leadership skills and ability to actively communicate – up, down and around – and understand how to enable the agency teams to connect dots to drive business growth
- Passionate about getting others involved, enjoying your role within the agency and having a laugh along the way
We want to change the world for the better and we believe that starts with investing in our Sparks. We like to be judged on the good we do, not just the good work we make – our team is driven by the shared mission of creating work that Sparks a Better Future.
- 30 days annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- 3 extra days to get festive with a full Christmas shutdown.
- If your birthday falls on a working day you’ll get that off to celebrate!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- An ‘Ignite’ CSR Day, allowing time away from your desk to support our chosen charity.
- A mentor to support your development and training, including a full personal development plan.
- Flexible working approach both in location and working times.
- Bakery lunch provided on a Friday and lots of fresh fruit for the weekdays too!
- Regular staff social fun!
- An Employee Assistance Programme, offering free advice and support.
- Pension Scheme.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience. Get creative – we can’t wait to hear from you!